Baby Horses + Boots: How to Rock Your Senior Shoot | Louisville, KY Senior Photographer

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Getting blog post sneak peeks ready is probably one of the most exciting things that I get to do, right behind shooting amazing people in fun places - and - delivering HUGE gorgeous galleries and seeing people's faces as they look through the images. 

©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm
Over the last few posts, I have tried to get some good juicy info out there, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. {hehe get it horses} This one is all about a beautiful cheerleader named Morgan, a rising senior at Assumption High School. We had so much fun, and really made some awesome images too. Plus her sweet Mama was there helping us out and the former model clearly gave Morgan some of her gorgeous model material genes. 

©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School
This blog post is sticking with my recent theme of real clients (I call them friends after we get to play at our photo shoots and goof around), answering questions about how they really felt before, during, and after our shoot. This shoot was all about Morgan of course, and she is going to give you a little peak inside her mind to share some advice with future senior shootees :)
©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School
1. How did you feel before the photo shoot? Did you have any concerns?
I was excited yet nervous because I really wanted them to turn out pretty.

2. Did you prepare for the shoot? If so, how?
I got a spray tan 2 days before.  I looked in my closet for outfits that best represented me then went shopping for a few things. Another thing that help me prepare was looking on Pinterest, Instagram, etc to share pictures I really liked with Michelle.
©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School
3. Did you do any practicing (i.e. smiling with your eyes, etc)?
No.

4. What made those gorgeous natural smiles in some photos? What was so funny?
The goats yelling in the background and the horse biting me were so funny.  My mom and you both made me laugh as well.

5. What was your favorite part of the shoot?
Getting to pet the horses.

©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School

6. Based on the few images you've seen, how do you think we did?
Everything turned out exactly like I wanted.  I love these pictures!!

7. What were you thinking during the session? 
I hope these pictures turn out great.  I also thought of funny things to make me laugh so my pictures wouldn't look fake.  After about the first 10 minutes, I started to relax and have fun!

©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School

 8. Is there anything you would have done (or had Michelle do) differently?
Nothing

9. What advice would you give other seniors before their photo shoot?
Have all of your outfits ready to go.  3 outfits were plenty.  Have fun, be natural, relax and enjoy your photo shoot. 
©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School
10. Why did you choose Michelle to capture your senior photos?
My mom showed me pictures Michelle took of other people and I loved them!
What do you guys think? She is a natural, right? I think she did a great job!

©2015 MHaas Photography, senior portrait photographer, high school, senior pictures, louisville senior portrait photographer, horse, barn, rustic, cheerleader, Blackacre, farm, class of 2016, Assumption High School

All the best and genuine smiles!
Mich
P.S. Any burning questions for Morgan or me?

Shoot me a comment below!

P.P.S. (<-- maybe?) Know a rising high school senior that needs some great photos to capture their unique style and personality?

Click "Contact Me" above.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping past! Leave me a quick note.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground