What Do I Wear? | MHP Louisville, KY Family Portrait Photographer

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Session is booked. Check!
Kids are still out of school. Check!
Hubs has the morning off work. Check!


Now what do we wear?!?


This question is one that I get a lot. And although I love perusing the mall, it seems that is the last place to find clothes that fit (your body and budget) and coordinate the night before a photoshoot. So I am trying to make this a little easier on you all.

First, what is a good photo post without pictures?

This is one great example of a colorful summer style board. I love these little boogers and I intend to make some of my own, but this little diddy was made by Whattowearguides.com (<--- theres a ton more fun there too)


This family (ahem Mom) did a great job coordinating for a very sweet pink and teal combo. I love that the clothes COMPLEMENT but are not too MATCHY, MATCHY.


Here are a few other great looks and ways to show your style.




  a simple black dress

accessories | shoes, hats 
 


even jammies
 
or

a suit and tie
 






Speaking of matchy, matchy, I think Pinterest and I were a match made in heaven. I mean, if I could get paid to pin and organize things all day, I would hop right on that. But I digress, I have started a cute little board on my Pinterest account that give some awesome ideas for what to expect at your shoot (more info on that in another post) and TONS of clothing looks from classic and timeless to trendy and, shall we say, MOD.

http://www.pinterest.com/mhaas01/mhp-what-do-i-do/

What is a "What To Wear" post without a "What Not to Wear" section?

Here it is, just a couple of points though, really.


And here are a few store suggestions, for lots of different price-ranges.



The most important thing is that your family looks like YOUR FAMILY. Not someone else's family, not a family out of Pleasantville if that doesn't fit your style.

So if you guys live in jeans and T's.
Wear jeans and T's.

We can dress it up a bit with sweaters and accessories or grass stains and mud spots. I want your family to feel comfortable in their skin, and their clothes.

And all else fails, most everything looks good in black and white ;)

By the way, did you see the Giveaway going on until Aug. 1? Nominate a loved one for a Free Digital Session! Wahoo!! Like and Share on Facebook!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground